The terms and conditions for publication are as follows:
- There is no charge to the contributor for publication, and no requirement that you buy any stock.
- You receive 30% of net royalties received, from whatever source they come.
- You can purchase stock at 30% off the RRP (excluding p&p).
- All titles are of the same physical format - please don't ask for 'just a little change'.
- DIMENSIONS: 8.5"x8.5" or 216mm x 216mm
- EXTENT: 24 pages (you have 22 pages of content as the first two pages are title and rights pages).
- This is not a sales catalogue - we won't print prices or overtly sales-related copy.
- This is a series of portfolios to showcase your talent, so by all means include contact details.
- They may be printed in either full colour, or black and white, as appropriate.
- You either send us content in the order you want it (clearly numbered sequentially),OR send us a selection of your work and we'll decide what to do with it.
- There are no revision rounds, so please check your work thoroughly. You will receive a PDF proof for your information.
- Publication is non-exclusive - that means you can publish content elsewhere, however we ask that you don't publish substantially identical works (i.e. 50% or greater the same),as this erodes the possibility of sales. We expect you to tell us if you are publishing parts of this work elsewhere - partly so we can share the news!
- Publication is likely to be within 26 weeks of your final submission of all components of your title. We cannot be held to this schedule as it will depend on workload, but it's in our interests to get it out there for you as quickly as possible. Once we start on your title we move quickly.
- Artwork must either be precisely sized to 219mm x 219mm to allow for bleed, OR you accept that we will typeset as we see appropriate - this may involve scaling your image (always proportionately),or adding a border or frame if it is not possible to re-size or bleed the image.
- Images must be of print quality - 300dpi or greater and CMYK. We will reject images that, in our opinion, will not print to a high enough quality - at which point you will be required to send a higher-resolution version, or replacement content. If we receive images in RGB we will convert them to CMYK. We cannot be held responsible for colour variances due to this conversion.
- If you do not have a suitable image for the cover, we will provide one without charge, based on our opinion, in consultation with you, and using licenced images we have at our disposal.
- You confirm that all of the work you submit is original, your own, and does not infringe on any one else's rights. Any successful challenge to your publication by a third party will result in a charge of £250 per occurrence, plus any damages or costs incurred by us or the third party. We take copyright seriously, whoever it belongs to. You will be liable to settle with the copyright holder direct.
- This page forms the terms of our contract, and you are deemed to have accepted these terms, and to be bound by the law in England and Wales if you submit work for consideration.
Effective from 27/03/2019 until revised on this page.