We are currently open for submissions to our Creative Portfolio Series.
We publish an eclectic mix in this series:
- Flash fiction
- Mixed content
- Surprise us!
This is your opportunity to publish a portfolio of your work and for it to be available to showcase what you do. We are bound only by the imagination of our contributors.
The terms for publication are as follows:
- There is no charge to you, the contributor, for publication, and no requirement that you buy any stock.
- You receive 30% of the net royalties received, from whatever source they come.
- You can purchase stock at 30% off the RRP, which is generally £6.99 for all titles in the series.
- All titles are of the same physical format - please don't ask for 'just a little change'. They are all 8.5"x8.5", 24 pages (you have 22 pages as the first two pages are a title and rights page).
- They may be printed in either full colour, or all black and white.
- You either send us content in the order you want it (clearly numbered sequentially), OR send us a selection of your work and we'll decide what to do with it.
- There are no revision rounds, unless we make an error, so please check your work thoroughly.
- This work is non-exclusive - that means you can publish it elsewhere, however we ask that you don't publish substantially identical works (e.g. more than 50% the same), as this erodes the possibility of sales. As a courtesy, we would expect you to tell us if you are publishing parts of this work elsewhere, partly so we can share the news!
- Publication is likely to be within 12 weeks of final submission of all components of your title. We cannot be held to this date, but it's in our interests to get it out there for you as quickly as possible. Once we start on your title we move quickly.
- Artwork must either be precisely sized to 219mm x 219mm, or you accept that we will typeset as we see appropriate - this may involve scaling your image (proportionately), or adding a border or frame if it is not possible to re-size or bleed the image.
- Images must be up to print quality - we will reject images that, in our opinion, will not print to a high enough quality - at which point you will be required to send a higher-resolution version, or a replacement.
- If you do not have a suitable image for the cover, we will provide one without charge, based on our opinion of what will look the best, and in consultation with you, and according to properly-licenced images we have available.
- You confirm that all of the work you submit is original, your own, and does not infringe on any one else's rights.
- This page forms the terms of our contract, and you are deemed to have accepted these terms, and to be bound by law in England and Wales.
Effective from 16/05/2017 until revised on this page.